One of the things I learned from stopping my prints after the first few layers is that those layers are strong and flexible. PLA becomes more brittle as the layers increase. I felt those first few layers would make a good backing for a cabinet. To test my idea, I made four parts of a placemat and glued them together with hot glue. It worked!
I will use the same method to make a backing for a cabinet; the next project after the hamper stool or at least it is now. I am working on a lamp design now as well. The lamp won’t take as long to 3D print as the cabinet, but I have already designed key parts for the cabinet. I don’t know. I will see how it goes.
Thingiverse link for .stl file.